At Iowa State, we recognize that Veterans may have unique issues. Our goal is to assist Veterans in making a smooth transition into student life through coordinated support efforts.
Our support programs are in many offices across campus. In each one of these offices, you can find a person who specializes in the needs of Veterans. Remember that you always have a home at the Veterans Center and it can be a starting point to getting connected to other resources. Don't hesitate to reach out.
- The Academic Success Center can help on an individual or group basis with supplemental learning and tutoring services.
- Student Counseling Services is a primary mental health agency for students on the Iowa State campus offering confidential consultation services and online resources.
- Student Disability Resources is responsible for coordinating reasonable accommodations for Iowa State students with documented disabilities.
- Student Assistance and Outreach is where you go for help or when the unexpected occurs in your life, their staff are available to provide support and information about university resources.
- The Veterans Center is your home to many resources and your community. Start here if you are uncertain where to go with issues related to Veterans, military personnel or family members.
- The Center for LGBTQIA+ Student Success provides programs, services, and resources focused on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression for students at Iowa State University.
- Multicultural Student Affairs advocates for and supports ISU's domestic students who self-identify as African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Latinx, and/or Multiracial.
- Student Legal Services is staffed by two attorneys who advise and often represent students in a variety of cases and are available for consultation with respect to most legal matters.
- Writing and Media Center is here to help students become stronger writers and communicators by offering one-on-one conferences for students from all disciplines who are working on any form of written, oral, visual, or electronic communication.
Not sure where to go? Feel free to contact us and we can help!